Volunteer Services AmeriCorps Associate
Meals on Wheels Durham and Resilience Corps NC are looking to an AmeriCorps member in either a Part-time (20-25 hours a week @ $11,000 living allowance) or Full-time (40 hours a week w/ health insurance premium reimbursement @ $17,000 living allowance) for 11 months. Service in the AmeriCorps program will have professional development opportunities (individual trainings, and conferences in conjunction with the NC Commission on Volunteerism). Participants who complete the program will receive a Segal Education Award according to their service term (Part-time @ $3,712.50, Full-time @ $6,345.00).
This position is with Meals on Wheels Durham, located in Durham, North Carolina. MOW's mission is to enhance the quality of life for seniors, people with disabilities, and other eligible community members who are unable to provide proper nutrition for themselves by delivering meals, offering personal interactions, and providing other complementary services. Dedicated volunteers deliver lunches to our clients each weekday, with the objective of improving the health of each individual. It is our goal that the combination of nutritious meals and social interaction will help our clients remain independent and allow them to age gracefully in their homes.
**Please make sure you upload all of the required documents - Resume, Cover Letter, State or Federal ID, College Transcripts, Birth Certificate (if US Passport not uploaded).** If required documents are not uploaded at time of application, any offer for employment will be withheld until they are provided. All AmeriCorps Members must submit to having a National Sex Offender, State of Residence (if state is different than NC), State of NC, and Federal FBI Background check conducted. Any applicant denying to submit to these checks will be automatically disqualified as per federal regulations.
CTNC is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate because of race, creed, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, sexual preference or familial status.
CTNC seeks to engage applicants from underrepresented communities, particularly of Asian, Black, Hispanic, Multi-Racial, and Native American background, in conservation careers. Connecting more diverse applicants to an employment pathway has led to greater equity, diversity and inclusion of all people in conservation.
Purpose of the Position
Meals on Wheels Durham works with hundreds of volunteers monthly. This position will assist in helping volunteers navigate through available opportunities, onboarding, training, volunteer management, recognition, addressing volunteer concerns, keeping volunteers informed, and conveying the organization's purpose to the public. This role will also help support larger seasonal projects related to client services. The Volunteer Services Associate will be an integral part of our small team, and will report to the Operations Director.
Position Responsibilities and Duties
Support daily operations and volunteer services
- Contribute to the creation of onsite and/or virtual volunteer trainings.
- Facilitate 2 or more volunteer trainings a month.
- Supervise and assist volunteers on delivery days, and scheduled onsite volunteer activities
- Assist with creation of weekly Wellness Call data collection document
- Assist with monitoring weekly Wellness Calls, provide assistance to volunteers who call office
- Assist with creating weekly volunteer newsletter
- Contribute content for 1 or more social media posts weekly
- Participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of annual volunteer survey
- Contribute to the creation of a volunteer manual
- Oversee 1 or more MOWD auxiliary services program
- Participate in the planning and execution of 1 or more volunteer appreciation events.
- Assist with data collection and reporting as needed
- Make deliveries to clients as needed
- Participate in 1 or more volunteer recruitment initiatives per month
Ability to use and/or learn computer software for communications and record keeping.
Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff members, clients, volunteers and community leaders.
Familiarity with database management and Microsoft Excel.
Desire to work with senior adults and to provide direct client support.
A personal vehicle and a driver’s license preferred.
Essential Functions / Physical Demands
Office work including over the telephone and with a computer. Work in loading, unloading, and distributing food up to 20 pounds as necessary.
Primarily Monday through Friday between 7:30 am and 4:00 pm. There will be 1-4 Saturdays required for events.