Client Services AmeriCorps Associate
This position is with Meals on Wheels Durham, located in Durham, North Carolina. MOW Durham's mission is to enhance the quality of life for seniors, people with disabilities, and other eligible community members who are unable to provide proper nutrition for themselves by delivering meals, offering personal interactions, and providing other complementary services. Dedicated volunteers deliver lunches to our clients each weekday, with the objective of improving the health of each individual. It is our goal that the combination of nutritious meals and social interaction will help our clients remain independent and allow them to age gracefully in their homes.
This 2022-2023 AmeriCorps position will have a start date (for new full-time 11 month members) of September 1st, 2022, and an end date of July 31st, 2023.
**Please make sure you upload all of the required documents - Resume, Cover Letter, State or Federal ID, College Transcripts, Birth Certificate (if US Passport not uploaded).** If required documents are not uploaded at time of application, any offer for employment will be withheld until they are provided. All AmeriCorps Members must submit to having a National Sex Offender, State of Residence (if state is different than NC), State of NC, and Federal FBI Background check conducted. Any applicant denying to submit to these checks will be automatically disqualified as per federal regulations.
For the 2022-2023 service year, Resilience Corps NC offers a living stipend of $19,859 for 11 months, health insurance reimbursement for premiums, childcare assistance, and professional development opportunities (individual trainings, enrollment in NC Environmental Education Certificate Program, and conferences in conjunction with the NC Commission on Volunteerism). Members are also eligible to sign up for SNAP benefits. Participants who complete the program will receive a Segal Education Award of $6,495 from the National Service Trust.
CTNC is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate because of race, creed, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, sexual preference or familial status.
CTNC seeks to engage applicants from underrepresented communities, particularly of Asian, Black, Hispanic, Multi-Racial, and Native American background, in conservation careers. Connecting more diverse applicants to an employment pathway has led to greater equity, diversity and inclusion of all people in conservation.
Purpose of the Position
Meals on Wheels Durham is seeking an AmeriCorps Member who is interested in program management, social work, and other related fields. This position will assist in daily operations including helping clients navigate available services, preparing routes for delivery by our volunteers, and addressing operational and client concerns. This role will also support larger seasonal projects related to client services. The Client Services Associate will be an integral part of our small team, and will report to the Operations Director.
Position Responsibilities and Duties
Support daily operations and client services
- Facilitate private pay client enrollment and additional client enrollment from the Durham Social Services (DSS) waiting list as a result of additional funding
- Monitor and track incoming enrollment and receiving methods i.e. phone, email, online application
- Enroll clients over the phone
- Set up program services in client management software
- Program policy enforcement
- Run weekly reports
- Prepare notification mailers
- Document in client profiles
- Prepare monthly analysis
- Address client needs by phone
- Oversee bi-annual assessments for funding specific clients, approx. 200 clients
- Prepare mailers
- Track and report progress
- Conduct assessment over phone with clients
- Oversee data entry
- Manage incoming waitlist applications
- Submit applications to DSS on the 1st and 15th
- Manage internal waitlist document, update monthly with DSS removals/additions
- Assist with coordinating client deliveries Mon-Fri and every 3rd Wednesday of the month.
- Adjusting client delivery days as requested
- Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of annual client survey
- Twice a week, assist with data transfer from Weekly Wellness Calls document to client management software
- Prepare and submit reports for client updates, meal preferences and quality control issues
- Oversee 1 or more of MOWD auxiliary service programs
- Identify additional resources in Durham County and assist clients in connecting with appropriate resources.
- Assist with data collection, filing and reporting as needed Make deliveries to clients
- Ability to use and/or learn computer software for communications and record keeping.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff members, clients, volunteers and community leaders.
- Familiarity with database management and Microsoft Excel.
- Desire to work with senior adults and to provide direct client support.
- A personal vehicle and a driver’s license preferred.
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently
Essential Functions / Physical Demands
- Office work including over the telephone and with a computer.
- Work in loading, unloading, and distributing food up to 20 pounds as necessary.
Primarily Monday through Friday between 7:30 am and 4:00 pm, with occasional (one to four) Saturday service days throughout the year.